Tuesday 1 May 2018

Purrthday Party

Today I have a sweet 1st birthday card to share, featuring the adorable kitties from Lawn Fawn's Meow You Doin'.


I began by cutting a piece of white card to be the same size as my card base. On this, I used the Neat and Tangled Balloon stencil and distress oxide inks to add a rainbow of balloons across the top. I flicked the panel with some gold paint for some pretty splatters - almost like confetti falling.

In the middle of the panel, I die cut a MFT stitched star peekaboo window. I used a star shaker pouch and some pretty sequins to create a shaker, adhering the panel to the card base. I love the shaker pouches as they make shaker cards so quick and easy to do.


Next, I stamped and coloured some images from the Lawn Fawn Meow You Doin stamp set, then die cut them out. I adhered these to the card, adding some party hats and toys for the cats.

Finally, I added some die cut glitter stars and hearts, plus a '1' on top of the shaker star. 

Have a lovely day,
Gemma






2 comments:

  1. Oh my Gemma this card certainly made me go awwww and I love your tabby cats, such great colouring. Of course the balloons and shaker star are beautifully done too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The cats are coloured to match my two kitties 😊

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team