Thursday 14 December 2017

Santa’s Coming to Town!


Hello crafters! This is Julia, and I’m just filling in today for Taheera. I wanted to share two easy to make, happy holiday cards with you. You know, just in case you might still need to make a few. Also, a quick note that Seven Hills Crafts goes on a short holiday break starting December 16, so if you want to grab these Santas or maybe some other supplies as a gift to yourself or for a crafty friend, hurry up!



What I love most about these cards (apart from this hilarious and very agile Santa) is their simplicity. I love coloring, but doing a few dozen full blown coloring projects for Christmas cards is something I simply don’t have time for. But coloring in Santa a few times, that I can do! I kept it very simple: just a blend from very dark red to a much brighter tone to give him some dimension, three shades of dark grey for his belt and boots, and two shades of light grey for his beard and the trimming of his hat. This is absolutely basic Copic coloring that even a beginner can do!



These Santa’s would look great on white card stock as well if you want to go with a more classic look, but I just love how the white border that was left after die-cutting adds additional contrast on kraft card stock. In addition, that gave me the option to add a few white "snowflakes" with my white Sharpie pen and of course heat emboss the sentiment in white.



If you do the coloring in one go, maybe with a nice Hallmark christmas movie running the background ;) you’ll be done in no time and putting together the rest is easy. So, if you’re still short on holiday cards, this is a design that you can still crank out and send out on the weekend.

Have a wonderful holiday, everyone, and a great start into the new year!

Supply List

2 comments:

  1. Love these cards and I love this set. I think this is the cutest Santa ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team