Sunday 12 November 2017

Don't Get Your Tinsel in a Tangle

I both love and loath Christmas with equal measure - I love the idea of creating the full on "Martha Stewart" with home made and home baked everything in a house bedecked to perfection, but it never happens and by the 20th of December I am throwing shop bought tat at the problem in a messy house I've barely time to clean!   So this little penguin from Sugar Pea Designs all tangled in his Christmas light and the corresponding sentiment really sums up Christmas for me!


I stamped him on white card, coloured with copics and cut him out and did the same with the present on the iceberg.  I thought it would be fun to have him on a iceberg too so I drew one on vellum and traced the one for the parcel onto vellum too.

To create the scene I used a couple of stencils from MFT - the drifts and hills and radiating rays keeping my inks in blues and pale teals for that extra cold frosty feeling.  I used the hills to create the lake too and after inking in the colour used a slightly darker colour to drag a few lines down from the top edge to add depth.

I finished with a little sparkle on the icebergs and the sentiment in the corner.



NEWS FROM THE STORE

We still don't have a date for our move - we have a broadband engineer site visit on Friday and should hopefully have a better idea after that.

In terms of deliveries this week we are expecting:
  • Reverse Confetti
  • Neat and Tangled
  • Mama Elephant
  • Altenew
We have managed to grab some more lipstick pouches and dies from MFT and they will hopefully be here by the end of the week too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team