Wednesday 27 September 2017

Coffee, Donuts and Pretzels

Hello, Tallie here. Autumn always brings the coffee themed cards. I struggle with masculine cards but these stamps and colours came together to create the perfect birthday for my coffee/donut/pretzel-loving friend!


I started out with repeatedly stamping the coffee cup, donut and pretzel from the Hero Arts City Adventure set with MFT Black Licorice Hybrid ink on some white card until the background was covered. I then coloured in the images with my alcohol markers, keeping to warmer grey and brown tones. A little Nuvo Crystal Glaze for the icing on the donut and the background was finished. I mounted it on an A6 top folding kraft card base to bring out the brown tones of the stamps.


I needed a simple greeting and the Happy Birthday speech bubble from the Lawn Fawn Chit Chat set fit the bill. I stamped it in two tones of brown ink and clear heat embossed it to match the donut icing. I die cut with the coordinating dies and foam mounted it on the background.
I'll have to try this again with some of my other stamp sets!

Thanks for reading, see you next week!

Tallie

  

2 comments:

  1. great card! The muted colors looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this card and how you have done the fun background is fabulous x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team