Thursday 2 March 2017

Monochrome on Bright Stripes

Hi there everyone and happy Thursday, it's Lydia here with you today.

Today I'm sharing a card using the beautiful Hibiscus Bouquet from Altenew showing that you can send a colourful card with monochrome flowers.


I started by taking a piece of watercolour card and painting some think pink lines on it, as it's watercolour it doesn't have to be perfect, and the effect is beautiful. I then stamped a number of the flowers and leaves from 'Hibiscus Bouquet', I stamped the outlines in black and then used the layering images with Industrial Diamond for the flowers and Silverstone for the leaves. Once all the stamping was complete I cut these all out and arranged them into place.


I finished the card with a sentiment from the same stamp set and some clear sequins.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you feel inspired.

Hugs, Lydia xx

4 comments:

  1. An other wonderful Card! In the last days I see always pink Cards and I myself also stamps with pink-I think this is the coming spring ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this...great idea with the grey flowers against the striped back ground x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty with the soft greys against the bold pink stripes! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team