Wednesday 18 January 2017

Owl birthday card using My Favorite Things


Hi everyone, it's Esther here with an owl birthday card using My Favorite Things. As soon as I saw the new set I'm Owl Yours, I had to have it! I'm always doodling owls, and these are so cute and will be perfect every time!



I inked some card creating an ombre pink effect, and then used the Moroccan Lattice stencil to add deep pink shading. I then used the Diagonal Sentiment Strip Cover Up Dienamics to cut a panel.

Using the I'm Owl Yours stamp set and the matching Dienamics, I stamped, coloured with alcohol markers and cut an owl and two sizes of heart, using a white pen to add highlight detail.



I cut numerous leaves using Wild Greenery and coloured them in two-tone shading with alcohol markers. 

I then stamped and heat embossed in white a sentiment from I'm Owl Yours onto black card.

Finally, I added the panel to a card base and layered everything up until I was happy with the layout, then adhered the elements down using a mix of foam pads, wet glue and silicon glue for dimension.



That's it for today, and I hope you're inspired to take a look at those gorgeous little owls - perfect for birthdays, Valentines, anniversaries and thank you cards!

Thanks for stopping by!


            

2 comments:

  1. This is totally adorable and you've just made me add the cute owls to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You won't regret it - I love those owls so much!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team