Friday 25 November 2016

Definitely not Christmas, dinosaurs!

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I am definitely not doing Christmas (it's inescapable, no?), and instead, I'm re-visiting an old classic...


...Paper Smooches Cuteasaurus.


I made this card for a friend of mine who is dinosaur doolally, and what an absolute pleasure it was to ink this set up again.  This was one of my first ever Paper Smooches sets and the beginning of my journey in this awesome hobby we all share, so will always hold a special place in my heart.  I LOVE re-visiting older designs, there's so many cool releases all the time it's easy to get tied up in lusting after the newest sets, but, like many things in life...you just can't beat the old classics!


I decided I wanted to practise my pencil colouring, and opted for kraft card, because, well, I just love the look of it!
I started by stamping out the main element of my sentiment, this 'friend', from Mama Elephant's Friend Indeed, in black Versafine and clear heat embossing.  I then built up the line around and under it with some sprigs of grass, mostly drawn in by hand.  I then masked off accordingly and stamped out the rest of my scene using Paper Smooches Cuteasaurus and, again, masking as I went.
I then coloured my whole scene using colour pencils, adding white accents to the eyes and teeth using a white gel pen.

 

I finished off my sentiment with this phrase from Mama Elephant's Sunday Sentiments, again stamped in black Versafine and clear heat embossed.  I added a balloon from Mama Elephant's Woodland Gifts, and added it to my little cuteasaurus' hand with a piece of black thread.


I added a slick of Glossy Accents to my balloon, and a wee enamel heart embellishment to finish, and there you have it.

I really hopefully it encourages you to give some of the older sets a glimpse...you might just be missing out on a beautiful old classic :)

See you next week.

Jillx

CuteasaurusFriend Indeed Image 1

Sunday Sentiments Image 1  Woodland Gifts Image 1

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable Jill! What a fab set. I see it has the sentiment "cheer up grumpasaurus" which has really made me giggle! I totally agree about the old classics - it's such a lovely feeling getting out a favourite set and finding new ways to use it. Super card, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team