Wednesday 5 October 2016

Plaid Hedgehogs

I have a quick card to share today - whilst I love colouring images, sometimes you don't  have the time and that's when I turn to one of my other favourite techniques - paper-piecing!


I thought hedgehogs would look cute in plaid so I took a couple of sheets from Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid Fall pad and stamped a couple of the adorable hedgehogs from My Favorite Things Happy Hedgehogs stamp onto the different colours and fussy cutting them out.  It's then just a case of gluing the multicoloured tummies onto the brown base images - et voila - plaid hedgehogs!

To create the background I masked an area of the base card with torn post it tape and then stamped the Lined Up Dots background stamp in Orange Fizz.  I added a strip of a 3rd colour from the plaid pack to ground them and stamped the sentiment that goes with them.

If you're an MFT fan then head to the store as we just got the new release in and there are some stunning Christmas sets which are sure to sell out fast!

https://sevenhillscrafts.co.uk/happy-hedgehogs.html


2 comments:

  1. Hedgehogs and plaid... what's not to love?! So cute, and those patterns and colours create such a gorgeous autumn look. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I must give paper piecing another try. Been ages since I used this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team