Friday 13 May 2016

Make some noise!

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I'm making some real monster noise!


Using the cutest little monsters I ever did see from Mama Elephant's Monster Jam.


This set is from Mama Elephant's latest release, and is like nothing I already owned, so I just had to have it.  There's a few little monsters in the set, all doing something different, with a bunch of sentiments to go alongside them.  Sooooo cute!


I started by lightly pencilling a grid onto my watercolour card as a guide to stamp my monsters, I then took the wee little cutie, who is just kind of standing, and repeatedly stamped him out in all but two of my grid spaces.  I then took this awesome little monster, who's clearly the fun guy in the pack, and stamped him out in my spare space.  I love this repeated image kind of design as it's really simple but looks pretty modern and still packs a punch.


I coloured my images using Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Pens with water, making sure my main noisy little dude really stood out in bright colours.  My sentiment is built up form the same Monster Jam set, and is white heat embossed on black card, then simply cut into strips and added to my card using foam adhesive.  I didn't want to knock the balance of my design off, so skipped any embellishments and left it there.

I enjoyed this design so much, I made another card in the exact same way, using Mama Elephant's New Family, and a sentiment from My Favourite Things Some Bunny, so thought I would quickly share that here too....



I really hope you like them.
As always, everything used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Monster Jam  New Family Stamp

Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (24 piece set)  Somebunny Image 1

2 comments:

  1. Love these - what a great idea! Those little Mama Elephant animals are so sweet I can envisage a whole card set using this great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute cards and stamp set.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team