Saturday 2 April 2016

A Colorful Floral Bouquet

Hi crafty friends! Today I have a card which was inspired by the wonderful, unique, funny, and insanely talented Laura Bassen.


As you can see, it's the flowers that stole my heart: I stamped a whole bunch of them on sturdy card stock with Versamark ink, then heat embossed the images with white embossing powder. Thanks to my Distress Inks, I could easily add color on top since the embossing powder resists the ink. Then came the part where I had to fussy cut all of it out, which took a toll on my hands, but it just looks so PRETTY!


Before I proceeded, I die cut a window with the My Favorite Things Scallop Stitched Circles into a panel of white card stock and stamped the sentiment from Concord & 9th's Being Classy set through that opening on my card base, then adhered the front panel with foam tape for some dimension. Before adhering the flower, I sprayed them gently with Perfect Pearls to get some beautiful shimmer.


As a last touch, I added some sequins to my card in colors that mirrored the colors of the florals and of course I couldn't help myself but add a few dots with my Stardust gel pen.

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you got inspired!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team