Thursday 3 March 2016

Watercolour Orchid

Hi there and a very happy Thursday! Lydia here with you today.

Today I'm sharing a very soft watercolour card with you.



I started by stamping the heat embossing the outline images from Altenew 'Oriental Orchid'. I stamped the bottom most flower first using the largest of the flowers from the set, I masked this flower and then stamped the same flower above this. I masked the second flower and stamped the medium flower above these, then masked this off so I could stamp the stem into place. Once the stem was stamped and heat embossed I then added in the buds to the top.



When I had the whole image heat embossed in white I used my watercolours to add colour. I added clean water to the part of the image and then just added colour to where would be darkest- the water does all the hard work of the blending.

I added a detail edge to my card layer using the small scallop from Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Scalloped Borders' and the little holes. The sentiment is from the same stamp set as the orchid.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Hugs Lydia x



7 comments:

  1. Wow loving it! is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the soft colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful wish I could watercolour like that ....mine looks more like sludge !x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply beautiful wish I could watercolour like that ....mine looks more like sludge !x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team