Monday 7 March 2016

Hands Up!!



Hello there :)

I have a couple of cards to share with you today using a new stamp set called 
Hats Off from Avery Elle... I was quite excited when I saw this set because those hands in
 the set are going to be soooo useful, come and see.....


How about a group of party-goers to celebrate a birthday..
yay, put those hands in the air:)

I stamped, coloured and die cut the arms twice, the first layer are left as is
 but I trimmed the second layer apart in places so I could swap the arms around.. 
Lol, not as painful as it sounds :)

For the sentiment and balloons I used MFT's Birthday Wishes & Balloons.....
 I think the font is a great match for the style of card :)


One of the hands in the set is drawn to hold an item so I embossed a sentiment from 
 Mama Elephants Photo Bomb onto black card to make a small placard for that person to hold :)

For my second card I went quite calm and neutral and made a wedding card....
how about those hands throwing confetti.....


 This card is simple and almost one layer.... I've kept the colouring monochrome 
so the confetti adds a splash of subtle colour and the sentiment is from Congrats by Waffleflower.
I used Polychrome pencils to freehand draw the confetti and I love 
how the oil based pigment has resisted the ink when stamping the sentiment.


I also have to confess to loving the scalloped rectangle die I used for this card, I'm not usually
one for a scalloped edge but I think I've been swayed by the current trend. This die comes in the MFT Blueprints 27 which contains lots of other useful dies too :)


         

  

Have I got you thinking what else those arms and hands can be used for?
It's such a useful set :)

Thanks for stopping by
Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. This is a set I'd not really clocked and I LOVE what you've created and it's got me thinking. Fab ideas as usual! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team