Thursday 10 March 2016

Bright Bold (Mini) Blossoms



Hi there everyone! Lydia here with you today with a fun and bright (and quite simple too) card.

I am totally ready for spring and even summer but the only way I'm going to get a bit of it at the moment is by stamping.



To start I cut a circle using a die out of a sticky note- I used this as a mask to stamp around but you could just draw around a circle and stamp around it, if you are adding a die cut circle for the sentiment on top.

I stamped around the mask using Altenew 'Mini Blossoms' and lots of gorgeous bright inks-there are lots of gorgeous new bright and bold inks in store now ..... have you tried the new Hero Arts or MFT dye inks ? They are scrummy :)



I'll let you in on a secret.... my mask lifted while stamping on near enough my last image. If that hadn't of happened I would have just stamped my sentiment (from Concord & 9th 'Shine Brighter') straight on to my base card in the middle of the masked circle...... but it did and I', not one to throw out cards if they go a little astray. So all I did to fix this problem was to cut the same circle I used for the masking out of white card and stamp the sentiment on that. Fixed!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Hugs, Lydia xx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I really like the sentiment on the circular panel, so that was a happy accident! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, I love the off centre design

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team