Tuesday 12 January 2016

Hello lovely...blog readers!



Hi!
I'm so glad to be back... and wasn't it worth the wait!
The website looks amazing and I can't wait for a proper explore.
Back to today..
I guess I should have done something all celebratory, but I've got flowers, glitter and a hello.

I started with the fantastic die from Neat & Tangled
I wanted it to swing, so once I'd cut it out from some glitter paper (& turned the paper over and die cut again so I had a glittered hoop no matter which way it swung), I added some thread before I sandwiched them together and then suspended it from the reverse of the front part of the card.
For the stamping.. well, I had to use the matching stamp set
I wanted to create it using non traditional colours; navy seemed a good way to go! I wanted navy on the front too.
No patterned papers were harmed during the process (!) as it's all strips of cardstock- great for when you've bits to use up, or just easier sometimes to match ink colours or marker colours. The centre is die cut after I'd made the front stripes, which then gave me the chance to twist the central cut out and so play with direction too. 
I've obviously stuck it into the middle part of the inside, but it adds real interest when stood up and the recipient is looking through!


I added the sentiment coming off at an angle that matched the hanging hoop and popped a couple of little pearls (partly to add a little weight and make the hoop stand still a little better!).

Well, I hope your New Year has started well. Enjoy having a mooch around the site. We'll all be joining you shopping, and I'll try not to bump into you down the aisles! ;-).
Don't forget to sign up on this blog for subscription to this blog (see the sidebar). Your store emails will be delivered as usual as far as shop stock updates and news, but as this is a new blog, you need to follow us again for reminders of new blog posts !! (pretty please!)..

See you next week,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team